In the first of our interviews, we are visiting Hong Kong to interview Binoche Chan, Chief Operating Officer at List Sotheby’s International Realty. Binoche has over 15 years of experience in sales, marketing and working with luxury properties. Hong Kong and London have maintained a special relationship with some of the world’s best luxury real estate. We will explore the best things to see and visit once the travel restrictions are lifted and what is happening on the ground in Hong Kong now.
2. What are the best things to do/see where you live?
- Business and investment.
- Vibrant night life entertainment, restaurants of all kinds, dim sum is so good here
- Hiking – there are so many beautiful trails.
- Water spots the beach and ocean is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- History and sight-seeing Victoria Harbour, the Peak with day and night panoramas.
- Street food – a daring challenge!
3. Tell us a little about your market?
Very resilient and fast trading market support by strong local demand.
Interest rate is very low and financing is easy to arrange.
Commercial Retail market is suffering a lot due to coronavirus.
4. What is your favourite listing currently on your books and why?
Ha Yeung, $37,500,000 HKD
This house provides a very different alternative lifestyle to residing in Hong Kong. A similar priced apartment would be half the size in the city centre. Clear Water Bay’s location is great with a fast highway which only takes 25 minutes drive to Central Business District.
5. How has the Covid-19 pandemic affected your location?
With the SARS experience in 2003, Hong Kong citizens were very careful and took immediate action to avoid the virus from spreading when the COVID-19 virus first hit Hong Kong in January 2019 with cases principally from mainland China. Everyone wears face masks and uses sanitiser or washes hand whenever possible. At first it was not too serious in Hong Kong but now, we are facing a second hit from cases coming back from all over the world. As a true international city, this is kind of unavoidable. However, given the discipline and efforts of everyone in the community, we have strong faith that Hong Kong will be one of the earliest cities to recover.
6. What are your best tips for living/working from home?
Routine and momentum are most important. You must try to keep a regular schedule similar to how you might work in your office so that you can keep the same responsiveness to your team and clients. Leverage the power of technology, conduct meetings with all kind of apps available so we can keep a closer relationship with your counterparts compare to using purely phone calls.
7. Your best real estate story?
Relationship passes on generations. Clients become friends. When being trusted, I think that’s the best reward. There are some very nice clients who rely on me beyond just pure real estate transactional services but also other things such as financial planning after selling a property. When their families has needs, I am the first one being called.
8. What is on your travel bucket list
Middle East countries and Eastern Europe.
9. and finally… When are you coming to visit us in London?!
I miss London. I can come back anytime when the virus is gone. Look forward to seeing you there!