St John's House, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7
About St John's House, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7, England
**FOR SALE BY TENDER - OFFERS INVITED BY 5PM BST ON MONDAY 15TH NOVEMBER**
St John's House offers the opportunity to build the largest new Palladian home in the U.K. for over 100 years.
Providing full planning consent for a 68,000 sq. ft. Palladian residence, plus ancillary accommodation and facilities - in total 74,000 sq. ft. Designed by the internationally renowned classical architecht Professor Robert Adam (15th Driehaus Laureate and favourite of Prince Charles), set in around 60 acres of completely private parkland.
Located in a Golden Triangle between the Cornbury Estate, Blenheim Palace, and the Glympton Estate, St Johns House will occupy an elevated position with breath-taking views across the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
St John's House, located at the edge of the village of Ramsden, Oxfordshire, is a work of art in its own right. Planning for this Estate is the result of twenty-four years dedication, from initial conception for this green-field location, through years of planning applications and design precision, to ultimately satisfying all pre-commencement planning conditions and implementing the consents.
It allows for a world-class home of excellence - Professor Robert Adam, is one of the most revered British classical architects of our time and St Johns House is a masterpiece.
Designed and conceived for the world's most discerning buyer to enable they and their family to accommodate and enjoy their cherished possessions, from exquisite collections of art, fine wines and classic automobiles, to thoroughbred horses and antiquities. This is a home that is as exceptional and rare as the priceless collections you wish to enjoy.
The epitome of luxurious living and entertaining, St John's House overlooks some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK and is ready to build to your exacting standards and precise lifestyle needs. All internal spaces can be configured for your style of living and unique security requirements.
All principal rooms and terraces and gardens offer unrivalled views (see photos).
The 6,000 sq.ft principal suite (or twin principal suites if you prefer), occupies the entire top floor.
The first floor offers nine family and guest suites together with a grand study, positioned between the featured Palladian pillars.
The 'Piano Nobile' has been designed for entertaining splendour with exceptional (4.5m) ceiling heights and enormous entertaining spaces. From the formal dining room, a glazed link leads to the music room on the west wing; while the east wing leads from the formal living room to a games room galleried above the Orangery, with full height glazing providing views over the secret garden and outdoor pool. Opening onto the terrace walks, the family level provides the perfect blend of comfort and elegance. With a luxurious kitchen / informal dining room, utility, staff room and vast living spaces; it boasts a viewing room that opens onto your private museum beneath the entrance courtyard. This climate-controlled exhibition area is protected from direct sunlight, and is a safe and secure sanctuary for the display of priceless art, classic cars (up to 50 can be displayed), sculpture and antiquities.
St Johns House offers the ultimate in world-class entertaining, with the ballroom level - inspired by The Great Gatsby - providing a grand reception room, private dining, professional 'event' kitchen, bar, private cinema and extensive wine room. The eleven double-height arches open from the ballroom onto the secluded and secure grotto, designed for large-scale outdoor entertaining to provide your guests with the most spectacular uninterrupted landscape and sunset views across the Cotswolds AONB to the Chiltern Hills some 30 miles away.
The ballroom's mezzanine level provides dedicated, extensive leisure facilities, with an indoor pool, gym, spa, steam, sauna, bowling alley and a preparation kitchen located above the full service 'event' kitchen.
For further leisure enjoyment, there is an outdoor pool and tennis court, along with endless pathways that meander through the numerous gardens and grounds that form part of the detailed planning consents.
Offering unlimited configuration and security options, zero carbon, an ease of maintenance that only a newly built house can provide, St John's House offers a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Oxfordshire's importance on the World's stage is growing.
- Since 1096 Oxford University has been educating leaders from around the globe. Over its history it has educated nearly 60 heads of state and government, and due to the generosity of such luminaries as Len Blavatnik, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and others, (www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/about/donars-and-supporters ) The Blavatnik School of Government, located in Oxford University's Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, 14 miles/34 mins from St John's House, is re-imagining Oxford's leadership education for the 21st century.
- Now, as a result of the £150 million donation from Blackstone founder Stephen A. Schwarzman, the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter will also be home to The Schwarzman Centre for Humanities and Artificial Intelligence and will sit alongside the University of Oxford Mathematical Institute (OX2 6GG).
- Oxfordshire's role on the world stage is set to further increase, due to the newly consented 960,000 sq.ft Life Sciences and Technology park ( www.oxfordnorth.com ), just 20 minutes by road from St. Johns House.
- London Oxford Airport, one of the top ten jet airports in the UK, lies just 12 miles distant and offers private jet facilities including jet maintenance and hangarage, together with a helicopter taxi service, that will take you to St Johns House in about five minutes, and from St Johns House to London's Battersea Heliport in about 15 minutes.
- For owners of the world's largest private jets, RAF Brize Norton to the south, provides landing and secure parking just a few minutes by helicopter from St John's House.
- The estate lies to the south west of the Cotswold village of Ramsden in Oxfordshire. Transport links are good with the A40 and A44 lying within easy reach and providing access to the wider road network. Mainline railway services to London Paddington are available at Charlbury and Long Hanborough (1 hour 15 minutes).
- There is an excellent range of both private and state schools in the local area including Abingdon, Radley, Cokethorpe School, St Hugh's together with Summerfields, The Dragon, The High School and St Edwards in Oxford. Additional information
Palladian residence comprising: - 6,000 Sq.Ft. master bedroom suite occupying the entire top floor. - 9 further bedrooms, all with en-suites. - Expansive first floor study - Piano Nobile with 4.5m ceiling heights, grand entrance, formal dining room, formal sitting room and lounge/library. - Family level with sumptuous kitchen / informal dining room, utility, staff room, vast living room and a viewing room opening onto the private museum/car gallery. - Private museum / car gallery for up to 50 priceless cars and/or art/artefacts - Ballroom/Grand reception, bar, cinema room, wine room, professional event' kitchen. - Outdoor pool, tennis court.
Travel times 5 minutes by helicopter from Oxford International Airport 3 minutes by helicopter from RAF Brize Norton 20 minutes by helicopter from Battersea Heliport in London. 25 minutes by road (11.8 miles), from the newly consented 960,000 sq.ft Life Sciences and Technology Park at Oxford North (https://www.oxfordnorth.com) 14 miles (34 minutes) from Oxford University and the £150 million Schwarzman Life Sciences and Artificial Intelligence Complex